Everyone on my Tumblr dash, PLEASE watch this. Especially if you are a creative artist:
Adobe is going to scrap their hard copies (disks) for their software (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Flash), and have you pay a subscription for the latest software called the Adobe Creative Cloud. $50 per month. Could you really afford such an expense in the long run?
This is really disturbing. Please hear what he has to say, it really is a serious situation for working artists. Pass this along so others may know about the Adobe Creative Cloud and how horrible it is.
Yep… Just went to see how much Flash costs. You know, to just buy the program? Guess what? After spending a while looking, it appears that you CAN’T anymore. You have to pay an outrageous subscription fee. I hate adobe. Is there a petition going around to stop this nonsense? Because I want to sign it.
Thanks! I know a lot of artists and people who like art follow me. You guys should go sign that.
Today I just signed the petition in the voice against the Adobe Creative Cloud. For those who are not familiar with what the new Creative Cloud can do to you as an artist, I really suggest you watch this video.
For those who have seen, reblogged, faved, here’s the link (as shown in the previous reblog) to sign the petition. Anything can happen, Adobe really needs to know that many artists are not supportive of them controlling not just the software..but the content worked on the Cloud.
All costs taken into account, this is actually a very cheap way to have a completely legal way to use adobe software that is always up to date. This is just a case of people hating change.
ok watched the video and he makes a lot of mistakes
1. you have and never will own software, you own a license.
2. he has no evidence for Creative Cloud Pro.
3. Nothing stops piracy, thank you Captain Obvious.
4. 600 a year is fucking cheap compared to buying outright, get over yourself
5. You live in Australia, where games cost 120 bucks, everybody fucks you over. Don’t like it? Then move out of Australia or demand your government get rid of its stupid tariffs.
6. America, fuck yeah
7. America, fuck yeah
8. There is plenty of choice from Corel to GIMP.
9. Boo-Hoo, Adobe is a profitable company, how dare they do this!